Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Friday, August 28, 2009

Queen of Babble: In the Big City

She's baaaaaaaack!!!

Did that make you think of that really scary movie that, now after writing this I can't remember? Good.

We catch up with Lizzie and Shari in a dive bar called Honey's - in Manhattan! They have officially moved to New York!!! Yeah!!! Well, almost. The apartments are so tiny you need a magnifying glass to look at them - and the prices usually accompanied with the apartments are such an exorbitant amount! Chaz already has a place and wants Shari to move in with him - and she doesn't want to. She wants to live with Lizzie.

Well, Lizzie already has a place to live! With Luke!! On Fifth Ave!!!! *Freak out session!!* Now she just has to find a job - riiight.

With the help of Chaz, Lizzie gets a job as a receptionist at Chaz's dad's firm. Yes, she has a big mouth, but she seems to be able to keep it under warps. Lizzie also gets her dream job - but with NO pay. She begins working with Monsieur Henri at his bridal restoration shop - and she loves every minute of it. Well, almost. Monsieur Henri is constantly making her prove that she knows how to work with a needle and thread.

Change is on the horizon for everyone. Shari hasn't stopped working at her new job, and doesn't want to speak to Chaz anymore (can we say t-r-o-u-b-l-e?) Lizzie has met the infamous Jill ( a zoo worker who happens to be marrying the wealthiest bachelor in Manhattan) and has decided to work on her dress. As Christmas rolls around, Lizzie is certain that Luke will propose to her - he even bought her an investment for the future!

On Christmas Eve Luke tells Lizzie to open her gift - and when she does she . . .

I say this was a pretty good book. It picked up right were the 1st book left off. I guess what's still bugging me is Lizzie!! She seriously still can't be that dumb . . . I mean she loves Luke because "he'll be a doctor and save little kids' lives someday" - right. Like that is the reason to love someone and marry them. I will say in this book she does learn to be more of a human and less of a ditz. There were a couple of curve balls in the book - and I'm not sure how happy I am with the ending - it seems too cookie cutter for my taste. But overall I loved the new characters the Henri's and I love that just like the first book, you get samples of Lizzie's advice.

Books in this series :

2) Queen of Babble: In The Big City
3) Queen of Babble: Gets Hitched


Queen of Babble: In The Big City by Meg Cabbot. New York (c) 2007

2 comments:

Jillian said...

This looks like a great read! I'll have to add it to my ever-growing reading list : )

I have a suggestion for you! It sounds like you would really like a book called 'Knickles and Dimes'. It has hilarious characters and a really great story. I'd recommend it!

Thanks for the suggestions : )

margaret said...

Thanks!! :) I'll have to check it out!!! I'll add it to my TBR list too!! :)

I hope you like the Queen series! I can't wait to hear what you think!