Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One More Bite

Jaz Parks is back and ready to deal with the aftermath of killing Edward "Raptor" Samos. Now that he is dead there is a vacuum and the balance of 3 rival groups needs to be kept. The only problem is this time she has to protect one of his puppets to keep the peace and balance. Her mission takes her, Vayl, and Cole to the misty shores of Scotland were she is to protect a Coven leader from Bea who is a very powerful killing machine. However, before Jaz can so much as blink she finds that her father is along for the ride - something she did not agree too.

When the gang lands in Scotland they review their plan. A big ghost convention is meeting in the area and their cover is that they are all ghost hunters and are ready to market. As Jaz is talking to her dad they notice what they believe is a person and try to swerve around him, and when they look back to make sure he isn't hit - he's gone. When they arrive at the B&B they ask if anyone has noticed a ghost and the owner of the B&B tries to change the subject. Interesting . . .

Things start to get more exotice for our Jaz. For one thing she keeps seeing Edward's face on passerbys and can't figure out why. He is dead . . .isn't he? Another reason is her father has started to become haunted and he won't tell Jaz all of the reasons behind the haunts. Also to make matters worse Brude, an old Welsh King, wants Jaz for his own personal hell army and isn't willing to let her go - but hopefully Jaz's spirit guide Raoul will help. Maybe.

This mission felt a bit quieter than most; it didn't have guns blazing and huge fights in many of her previous missions. This books also focuses more on Jaz and Vayl's increasing interactions and relationship tensions. I do like how Albert had more of a role in this book - and for once we got to peek inside the relationship that he and Jaz have.


This book was recommended to me by Darla D!

Books in this series:

5) One More Bite
6) Bite Marks

One More Bite by Jennifer Rardin. New York (c) 2009

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love her relationship with Albert - I laughed so hard during some of their interactions! I have the follow-up to this one on my shelf, but I'm procrastinating reading it because then I'll be stuck waiting for the next one, sigh.

margaret said...

I know exactly what you mean!! Sometimes I have to wait so long for the next book in the series that I forget what's happened (case in points - Anita Blake series!)