Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Thursday, July 30, 2009

YA Challenge # 11 - Masquerade

This is the 2nd book in the Blue Bloods series. In the last book Schuyler was told by her grandmother Cordelia that she would have to go to Venice in order to find her grandfather, who was the only hope in fighting the Silver Bloods.

Schuyler and Oliver have been ruthlessly searching in vain for her grandfather. They have looked in numerous hospitals, colleges, even hotels but no one knows of a Lawrence Van Alen. It doesn't help that the Venice Art Biennale has made it appearance once again. This mean that even more tourists are flooding the city as well as other art student and art scholars who want to look at the displays. As Schuyler is looking at one of the pieces she sees a handsome young Italian boy. She asks if she has seen a man by the name of Lawrence Van Alen - and after giving her a cryptic reply he flees. She of course chases.

She finally finds her grandfather Lawrence Van Alen. When she asks for his aide in fighting the Silver Bloods he replies he cannot and tells Schuyler to leave. She returns to New York to an empty mansion and a new semester at school to look forward too. Meanwhile Bliss is still having trouble coping with the lose of Dylan and transitioning into a Vampire. Her nightmares are becoming more frequent, as are her blackouts. When she finds herself in a lake she panics - but a soothing, firmilar male voice tells her not to worry and to swim to the shore (I just realized how this scene foreshadows something in the book.....) She is sure that it is Dylan and that he is really alive but when she turns to thank her savior no one is there.

And once again MiMi is up to her selfish ways. While the aforementions events are going on, MiMi is preparing for the after party, after well the 400 debutant ball. At the ball the Vampires' names are made known to all (so like, their true names from when they fell from Heaven.) Once again Schuyler up stages MiMi in a vintage Chanel dress (which I would kill for) and Jack can't take her eyes off of her.

But a new presence is felt when Kingsley moves into town. All that glitters is not gold, and it's Kingsley's job to find out who has been harboring a Sliver Blood. But suspicions arise causing everyone to be put in the cross hairs. When the most sacred place for the Blue Bloods is attacked everyone begins to fear that the Silver Bloods might actually exist. It's up to Schuyler to unravel the mystery.

I really like this book. Taschima from Bloody Bookaholic said the said the series gets better and I agree! I am eagerly waiting to jump into the next book (after I go to the gym :( ) I will say MiMi Force is getting on my nerves! I hate when people are that downright selfish! UGH! I don't want to give the ending away but you'd think she'd learn a little humility for god sake!

Books in this series:

1) Blue Bloods
2) Masquerade
3) Revelations
4) The Van Alen Legacy

Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz. New York. 2007

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! You won an award from me - http://dragonflybookreviews.blogspot.com/2009/07/e-treasure-hunt-award.html :)

Briana said...

The ending of the next book will make you want to SCREAM. Just a warning!

-Briana

margaret said...

ON NO!!! I WAS PRACTICALLY SCREAMING "OMG" THROUGHOUT THIS BOOK. Sorry I don't know why I was typing in caps.......Oh the SUSPENSE!!!! TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS...no DONT.....DO...NO....bah


:)

Natascha De Marco said...

Has anybody notice that all books start with S-something and her best friend? Hahaha

margaret said...

What do you mean Taschima? I'm confused? Sorry lol, I confuse easily.

Jill said...

I'm glad the series is getting better. I'm interested to see what you'll think of the next one - especially the screaming part. :-)