Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Monday, September 28, 2009

Babymouse: Our Hero

Babymouse is back! And this time she's better than ever!

Babymouse (like all kids) doesn't want to get up for school, instead she wants to sleep in (I mean in all honesty - can you blame her?) Her mother warns her to get up or she'll be late for the bus, and she reminds Babymouse to remember her sneakers (she keeps forgetting them.) But she misses the bus again and has to walk to school.

Babymouse though thinks the walk is further than the 2 blocks it really is, so she imagines she's in a desert walking in the hot scorching heat with 2,000 more miles to go. In gym class the teacher tells the class that they will be playing dodgeball next week and attendance is a must!!! Babymouse instantly begins thinking of ways to get out of the class.

When the day arrives for the dodgeball game Babymouse must face her fears! As she walks on to the gym floor she realizes she's forgot her sneakers! Will this help or hinder her in the dodgeball game?

I love the funny and cute comics that Matt and Jennifer Holm have created. Babymouse faces her daily dilemmas (school, chores, homework, etc) with a wild imagination but then faces them with strong determination. I always have a wonderful time reading these and often laugh :)

Books in this series:

  1. Babymouse: Queen of the World
  2. Babymouse: Our Hero
  3. Babymouse: Beach Babe
  4. Babymouse: Rock Star
  5. Babymouse: Heart Breaker
  6. Babymouse: Camp Babymouse
  7. Babymouse: Skater Girl
  8. Babymouse: Puppy Love
  9. Babymouse: Monster Mash
  10. Babymouse: The Musical
  11. Babymouse: Dragonslayer
  12. Babymouse: Burns Rubber (January 12, 2010)
Babymouse: Our Hero by Jennifer and Matt Holm. New York (c) 2005

2 comments:

Ann-Kat (Today, I Read...) said...

I read Babymouse: Queen of the World and thought it was absolutely adorable! I may have to break down and get some others in the series.

Another one I read and loved was Magic Trixie. You may want to give it a try too.

margaret said...

Thanks Ann-Kat!! :) I will try and find it. My library is very 'small' so they never have new and current books :(

But I'm on the look out so I'll so have to try this book out!! :)