Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Loveless vol. 2

Ok, now bare with me because even though I just finished reading this manga (haha I just put mango) I can't for the life of me untangle the web - and I think it's because I can't really remember whose name goes with whom. So with that being said, may I now bring on the review :)

Ok so in the last volume Ritsuka (the young boy) was dealing with his amnesia, which also effects the way his mother treats him, the death of his older brother, and the new comer/protector of Ritsuka - Soubi.

Soubi introduces Ritsuka to a new world, a world were words have meaning and are used to attack the enemy. Soubi tells Ritsuka that his brothe Seimei was once his person to protect but now he is here to protect Ritsuka.

One day Ritsuka is sitting in a field when 2 former 'attackers' offer him a soda and a warning. They tell him that other more advanced people are coming and they won't be as weak.

When he sees Soubi again he demands the Soubi tell him all of the secrets he's holding back, and Soubi of course says "no". As they are talking another group out to kill Ritsuka challenge Soubi and Ristuka to a duel.

Ok. Ugh, I'm not so happy with this review. There were some scenes in the volume that had action, but for the most part it was a mellow volume. There are some parts in the book that are defiantly for the more mature audience, and I'm still a bit shocked (and I'm still getting over it.) I do like though, that the words have meanings, even the names of people. We generally forget how powerful a name or word can be!

Volumes

Vol. 2
Vol. 3
Vol. 4
Vol. 5
Vol. 6
Vol. 7
Vol. 8 (September 2008)
Vol. 9 (I'm having conflicting results on when #9 will be published in the US. Some sources report that it should be out now, while others say it hasn't come yet)

Loveless Volume 2 by Yun Kouga. Japan 2003 US 2006

No comments: