Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Completion of the YA Challenge


I would just like to thank J. Kaye for hosting this challenge. As I review the process a couple of things come to my mind. For one I would normally skip over the YA section fearing that older adults would catch me reading a YA book and sneer at me. Secondly I found some really great/funny books/authors I would normally not have found! So thank you J. Kaye! I do not evny your position of reading a MILLION reviews but I do wish you no headaches! :)


My books for this challenge are as follows:

1) Geek Charming by Robin Palmer
2) Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita
3) Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell
4) Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
6) The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones by Rick Riodan
7) 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
8) Chosen by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
9) Being Nikki by Meg Cabot
10) Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz
11) Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz
12) Revelations by Melissa De La Cruz


Thanks Again J. Kaye!!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

That was FAST. You barely started this challenge! Great job. I hope you're no longer embarrassed to go to the YA section. :)

Natascha De Marco said...

Yey! U finished!!! Woot!

Don't be embarrassed about going to the YA section! It's a good section !

margaret said...

Thanks guys! It helps that 1) I love books and 2) waiting for school to start so I have TONS of time to read. It's funny but before I quite my old job the people there were making fun of me for reading YA my old boss would say "Wow Margo. Another 'Chose your own adventure book' today?" and I'd just role my eyes. But this challenge helped me to see the YA section in a whole new light :) yay!

Briana said...

Oh my gosh! Don't be embarresed! YA is awesome!

-Briana

margaret said...

hahaha Im not anymore :)

Jill said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! That was really fast. Which is good because it is clear you are now a challenge addict, teehee. I wish I could get more adults to read YA (and younger) books because they are so great!

margaret said...

Thanks Mrs D. I have like so many other challenges to do now, and I can't stop! Every time I see one I want to challenge myself and sign up for it! However for the DBR challenge my library didn't have a single book - NOT ONE! :( But yes, I am now a challenge addict :P

Jenners said...

Congrats on completing a challenge!! Woo hoo! And I keep hearing YA this and YA that ... I'll have to keep trying them as my last attempt was a bust.

margaret said...

Thanks Jenners :) Some YA books are a bust but you have to find the good ones ;)

Meggin (Serendipity Reviews) said...

Yay you finished! Congrats! I wish I could have done this challenge, lots of great books I'd have an excuse to buy ;)

margaret said...

Thanks Meggin!! I have that same problem! I love buying new books!!!