Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry's summer has passed rather slowly and dully. He hasn't gotten any letter's from his best friends Ron or Hermonie - so what gives? What makes matters worse is ever since he came home his Uncle Vernon locked all his school materials underneath the stairs and locked his owl in her cage.

His summer gets worse the night that his uncle has a very important dinner party. A house elf named Dobby, with only the best intentions, ties to warn Harry not to go back to school - the only problem is Dobby goes about it the wrong way. When the Dursley's learn that Harry can't use magic outside of school they lock him up in his bedroom.

Finally his best friend Ron comes to his aide - and help Harry escape the evil clutch of the Dursley's. When it's time for everyone to go back to school the arrive at the train station - everyone makes it pass the barrier but Ron and Harry. They miss the train and they've started to draw the attention of the muggles - so they decided to take Ron's father's magic car to Hogwarts (bad idea boys.)

The adventure is fun until the car dies and they crash land into a walloping tree. To make matters worse they get caught by Snape - who hates them - and are told they are skating on thin ice and if 1 more toe get out of line then they will be expelled. The days pass on a little better until the 3 of them are caught standing near the "dead" body of Mrs. Norris. They were just at the wrong spot at the wrong time. On the wall someone wrote "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir beware" and when everyone sees it - chaos ensues. Attacks keep happening and with no solution insight. Whispers around school begin to grow as everyone suspects that Harry is the Heir causing all the attacks - but he's not and is going to prove it - even if it means expulsion.

I have to say, this is my least favorite book out of the whole series. It took me awhile to get into it. I just didn't like it - and I'm trying to think of why, because their are obviously reasons and I'm not a 3yr saying "because". Dobby irritated me, and I think it was the whole plot of this book - but I can see how it's leading up to the last book. Although Glidory Lockheart was funny, everyone hated him but he was too thick to see it!

Books in this series:

3) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
6) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling. Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (c) 1999 US (c) 1999

3 comments:

Amanda said...

This is one of my least favorites, too, but I still like it. My least fav is #4.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this one as much as others you've read. Here's to hoping that the next one will be better for you :)

margaret said...

Amanda - I'm trying to remember #4 and I can't.

Michelle - Thanks :) #3 was 1 of my favs (and I think it was b/c of Sirus)