Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Friday, March 18, 2011

Undead and Unemployed

This is my very first book which I read on the nook and I really enjoyed it! I found reading on the Nook to be very enjoyable and easy when I was trying to put my son down for bed. I only needed one hand to hold the Nook and flip the pages.


We first met Betsy in Undead and Unwed where her life had just completely changed. Or is that "unlife"? Now it's 3 months later and she starting to get everything back on track.....sort of. She still has to deal with Sincalir and that whole 'Queen of the Dead' thing, not to mention she now has to find a job.

She doesn't want to live off of her best friend, Jessica's money. So what job will allow her to work nights? She finally finds her dream job working in the Macy's shoe department. That does sound like an amazing job, although I'd probably get fired quickly for all the shoes I'd try on.

Life seems to be going pretty well for her until she finds out her little house had a termite infestation. And there there's the problem that people are now trying to kill vampires and are now after her. So between dodging bullets she has to fix the termite problem, solve who's trying to kill her and why, solve the mystery of the little girl (where is her mother), and avoid Sinclair. Easy right?

I loved how sassy Betsy was and how she always had a comment to make about someone. Plus she reads J.D. Robb too! I wouldn't mind if she were my friend. But I wonder how she'll feel, when 780 years from now, Mark and Jessica are dead. Will she bring them over? I guess I must continue to read!!

Books in this series:

2) Undead and Unemployed
3) Undead and Unappreciated
4) Undead and Unreturnable
5) Undead and Unpopular
6) Undead and Uneasy
7) Undead and Unworthy
8) Undead and Unwelcome
9) Undead and Unfinished

Undead and Unwed by Mary Janice Davidson. Penguin Group, 2004.
Format: eBook from Barnes and Noble.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your Nook! I love the one-hand-turn-the-page ability, too - it really comes in handy. I have enjoyed the first few Queen Betsy books, but I don't know, the last couple just kind of were eh. So I haven't continued with the series. I'll be interested to hear what you think as you read it!