Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Friday, June 4, 2010

Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute

I first saw this book series advertised on a poster inside a school cafeteria (I was subbing at the time) and instantly I knew I had to read them! Finally, I have.


From the inside flap (I DID NOT WRITE THIS!):

"Hector, Terrence, and Dee have always wondered about their school lunch lady.
What does she do when she isn't dishing out the daily special? Where does she live? Does she have a lot of cats at home?
Little do they know, Lunch Lady doesn't only serve sloppy joes - she serves justice! And she has her eye on a very suspicious substitute teacher who just doesn't seem right . . .
Whatever danger lies ahead, it's no match for LUNCH LADY! Or for the kids who are on to her!"

My thoughts:

What a delightful quick read! You begin the Lunch Lady story with her capturing two bad guys before beginning her day at work. Before lunch is to be served, she and her partner in crime solving head down to the Lunch Lady Bat Cave where her friend shows her a new gadget. This made me think of James Bond whenever he'd go see his friend and get new tech gadgets. However, Lunch Lady's friend looks more like Penny from James Bond.
I love how all of her gadgets are food related - "spatu-copter", "cannoli-oculars", she even has fish stick nunchuks! How cool would it be to have a lunch lady that fought crime and worked at your school?

Graphic Novels in this series:

1. Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute
2. Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians
3. Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta
4. Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown (Recently Out: May 11, 2010)
5. Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Spring 2011)
6. Lunch Lady and the Field Trip Frenzy (Spring 2011)


Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute by Jarrett J. Krosoczka. New York (c) 2009

1 comment:

Miss K said...

I just read this and enjoyed it. I think the punny food-related weapons were a gift to the adult readers!