Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Finished with a boring book, but one to a thrilling book....


So I have offically finished the book. Now to say that I loved this book and could not put it down would be a huge lie. The book was ok. Imagine me saying this with a shoulder shrug. It didn't really captivate me. That is not to say I dislike the author. I like some of her work, and after talking to Darla D, I came to the conclusion that I don't like this series. I think this character is horrible. I find her to be more dim than an old light buld, constantly failing to learn her lessons.

One such example would be in the finale of the first book she pays off her debts, but in the begining of the second book [pictured left] she's in debt again and can't understand why the bill collectors are after her. Could it be possible to have this series then without her needing to be so mindlessly stupid? I will finish this series out, I believe I have three more books and then never EVER re-read these. I love re-reading books but this series will not be one of them.

But on the good side I get to read IRON KISSED. I am so excited and can't wait. It will be a refreshing piece of work to read for a change. A main character who is smart, strong willed, and doesn't buy mindless stuff.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm surprised that you intend to continue on with the series when you seem to find it so irritating! Maybe if you take a break from it, it won't be so bad going back. :o)

Margo said...

Well, I kinda wanna know what's gonna happen. The next book in the series is "shapoloic get married" or something like that. I can already see the plot...spend too much on wedding is broke and in debt and then a miracle happens and WHAM she has money again. *SIGH* but my curoisty well most certainly bring me misery in this series.