Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

In the land of trees and bees

So I have left my love the city, and am now in the a place so tiny that one needs a magnifying glass to see it. All around I look, and all I see are trees. Trees so tall that they almost touch the sky. I went out into the woods today, and I saw giant trees and bugs of all shapes and colors. NOT to mention the big boulders that were also present. It is a very different place from the concrete jungle that was once my home. This place does happen to have a "public library" but I do not know if I will be able to get any new books. I'll have to keep in contact with my secret source who knows all the hot picks. The new Janet E. Stephanie Plum book has come out and I can't wait to get my hands on it. So now here I sit next to my main squeeze listening to him on the guitar and wishing that I were back in my concrete jungle with a Starbucks in my hand, instead of the real deal and no Starbucks.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, that is a nostalgic post. You are with your honey, and you will start to put down your own roots there after a while. But we sure miss you, too!

I saw the next Hamilton (Meredith Gentry) book is on order at my library. It felt strange and sad to just be putting a hold on it for me, and not you, too.

Hang in there. It takes time for change to catch up with the rest of you!

Margo said...

NO NO NO!!! I WANT THAT BOOK TOO!!! :( i dont even think the public library up here has books before 1890!! We shall see...... :(