Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Friday, December 19, 2003

Movies From Made From Books Reviews

I never see a movie based on a book without reading the book first. This allows me, and the author, to create that world. By reading a book before watching the movie, you are honoring the author's skill in creating that world that all the characters live in. The movie destroys all the hard work of the author, in one foul swoop.

  • The Time Traveler's Wife
The book came out in 2003, and the movie came out in 2009.

I saw the previews for the movie before I had heard about the book. My review for the book is here.

When I review the movie I will post it here. I hope to see the movie soon, and I will let you know my thoughts.


- The movie was a great disappointment. I was forewarned about the movie, but in order to keep my review of the movie unbiased I pushed the warning out of my mind. Here are some of the faults I had with the movie:
1) I did not like the way it opened (I will not state how it opened incase some of you have not read the book)
2) I did not like the lack of characters - we do not meet her family nor Henry! I would have loved to have meet Mrs. Kim! She seemed like a fascinating character in the book!
3) I would have loved if the movie would have shown the dates - as not to confuse the viewer. In the book it tell you the dates, which makes it easier.
4) I do not think it is that hard to match the description of the character IN THE BOOK with the one in the film. Imagine if Harry Potter (movie) looked nothing like that of his book character!!
5) Finally, they could've done a better version.

Overall rating: D-


  • Watchmen
"Who watches the watchmen?"

Like the Time Traveler's Wife, the preview for the movie sparked my curiosity. I wanted to see the movie but I knew I had to read the book first. My review for the graphic novel is here.

The graphic novel came out in 1987 and the movie came out in 2009.

I was very pleased with the movie. It closely followed the graphic novel! There were minor issues during the movie (like - the movie opened and it was not exactly the way the graphic novel opened). I would give this an A for being very close to the book.

Overall rating: A+

No comments: