Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Monday, March 28, 2011

Demonglass

Sometimes when I get a book, I like to think about the title and how it fits with the story. A few times, while reading a book, I'll have the "AH so that's how the title works with the book" moment.

There are other time were I like to understand how the cover of the book works with the story of the book. This was one of those cases. Before I started reading the book, I studied the cover. Liker her first book Hex Hall, the cover features image standing in front of a body of water with another image pointing back. The second image happened to be her wearing a wedding dress. "What", I wondered, "could possible happen in this story!?"

Now if you haven' read the first book, please do so, and secondly - don't read the remainder of this post. I might let something slip and I'd hate to ruin the book for you.


Last year at Hex Hall was a hectic one with Sophie trying to solve a mystery and also save her friend for ruin. Now summer is upon them, and for the first time in YEARS Sophie's dad wants to spend time with her. She agrees to go to London if Jenna tags along. If you recall, Sophie wants to go through the removal because she saw how terrible demons can be and doesn't want to take the risk of one day going mental (I heard Ron Weasly's voice when I wrote that!)

Her dad though, wants her to first get to know her demon side before she completely removes it. And besides, what could possibly go wrong on a trip where you spend the WHOLE time in London! I'm jealous that they could!!!

All that glitters is not gold, and with in days of landing things begin to take a turn for the worst. First the two demons that they meet have been getting them into trouble, and they don't even know who created them. That is not good, because that means that someone is rising demons - which will make The Eye want to destroy them forever.

That's not all. Before they left for London, Sophie found out that she is betrothed to Cal! How can she possibly marry Cal if she still as feelings for Archer - well does she still love Archer? Or like him? Maybe tolerate Archer? She doesn't know what she's going to do. But one things for sure, she has to help her father solve the mystery and save all of Prodigum.


This book was awesome. There were parts were I just could not stand to wait till I got to the bottom of the page to find out what happened. I did not want to put the book down to walk the dog or do my homework. Who wants to do homework when you have an amazing book just waiting in your backpack?

I also enjoyed the character development of Sophie. She was more mature and patient, you could tell she had grown. ALSO she had amazing references that made her more personal.

Books in this series:


2) Demonglass


Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins (c) 2011.

*This book was sent to me by Authors on the Web so that I could review it.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I didn't know this was out already! I just put it on hold. I kind of skimmed your review, but I'll be back once I've read the book. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

margaret said...

It is indeed :) I think you'll enjoy it too.