Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

345 Reading Challenge (I think I'll cut myself off with challenges for now . . .)


Ok. THIS will be my last challenge for awhile (until like a Christmas one comes along or something)

I found this challenge on Jenni's blog and had to do it! She found it on a site called Froggaritaville's Bookcase (sounds cool) and then went to the original site which is Chick Loves Lit! I will now copy the rules from her website because I've become to lazy to type them . . .

Here are the rules!

1. It will run from August 1, 2009 to August 1, 2010

2. You may sign up at any point in this time period

3. To complete the challenge, you must read THREE books from one series, FOUR books from another series, and FIVE books from another series(For example: Song of Fire and Ice trilogy by George RR Martin, the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, and five of the Chronicles of Narnia books)

4. You do not have to choose your books ahead of time (but are more than welcome to)

5. You do not have to 'complete' a series (i.e. you don't have to read a trilogy for your three book requirement - just 3 books from the same series)

6. Only books that you read between August 1, 2009 and August 1, 2010 count

7. The books you read may count for other challenges



Now for my list of books!! :)

6 comments:

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

Yay! Do you have any ideas what series you are going to do for this one? I'm stumped! I'm thinking of doing Sookie Stackhouse for one of them :)

Kerri said...

Interesting challenge - I've got the Twilight Series just waiting on my shelf. I'll have to think about this one.

margaret said...

Jenni - No. I have no idea which ones I'll read. I'm in the HP challenge so I might combine the 2 for a bit. I also want to try anime book series - I've never read one :O!

Kerri - Come on! Join the dark side Luke!! :P

Booklogged said...

Hi, Margaret. I found my way to your delicious blog through Darla.

I hadn't heard of this contest yet, but it sounds fun and like one I would love to join. I've tried so hard all year not to join any contests because I get so swamped, but I do love my series and this challenge will encourage me to read more of them.

Are the leaves starting to turn beautiful colors yet back there in NH? It's my dream to visit there in the fall one of these years.

margaret said...

Welcome to my blog Booklogged:)

I've had the same problem as you - I always join too many contests and then get swamped. I am currently in 7 book contests :)

1 I can not complete because my library is stupid! But I'm so glad you want to join the competition - I just might have to steal some of your series ideas :)

And I hope you enjoy Bookworm Barista! :)

margaret said...

PS

I forgot to tell you that yes the leaves are already changing!! My husband says that means it will be a cold winter (UGH!) I've always been a southern girl and I'm already too cold!! I hope you come up here 1 day - it's beautiful!!