Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Finger Lickin' Amazing

I decided to take a quick break from J. Kaye's challenge and read the newest book of my favorite series! I love the adventures of Stephanie Plum.

Lula has just witnessed the beheading of Stanley Chipotle. Stanley Chipotle became famous (well famous for Trenton) by having his face plastered all over hot sauce bottles. Now seeing someone murdered is a very nerve racking thing to happen. So what would any sane person do? Head over to the bonds office and go talk to their friends. Why call the police?

They finally call Morelli and he goes to the bond office to make sure everyone is ok. Stephanie and Morelli are right now on the 'outs'. Morelli has to bribe Lula with food in order to get her to go to the police office. Steph leaves to go to her apartment and take a shower. When she gets out of the shower she runs into Ranger.

Ranger is having some problems at his work site. There have been some break-ins on properties that have RANGEMAN security. Ranger thinks that Stephanie will help find the leak because she looks trusting and well she's a good looking woman. While she's working for him she has to look through tons of paper work and do non-stop background checks.

In the meantime Lula is still dealing with the fact that she saw someone murdered. As Lula continues on with her life, the two hit men start shooting at her. She quickly jumps into her Firebird and drives off. Lula later learns that who ever wins the BBQ cook off will win 1 million dollars and it doesn't hurt that the cook off will attract the hit men. Lula gets Grandma Mazur to help create a killer BBQ recipe. When Lula returns to her apartment the hit men return and make swiss cheese out of her door. After returning fire Lula decides that she'd be a lot safer at Stephanie's apartment.

Stephanie has to find the people that keep breaking into the the buildings that RANGEMAN is protecting - and fast. As usual Stephanie has to decide between hot, sexy, dangerous Ranger and hot, sexy, semi-dangerous Morelli. I still can't decide who she should end up (for right now) but I think in the long run it would be better for her if she stays with Morelli.

In this book it focused more on Ranger than Morelli. I could not stop laughing through out this whole book :) I love Grandma Mazur and when I get old I will be like her. I swear I will dye my hair red just like she did. For those of you who follow the series like I do - you won't be let down. Well you might be let down at how quickly you read the book. I read her books so quickly and then have to wait for the next one to come out. Too bad she can't make them longer.


I just found this really cool website from Bonnie at Redlady's Reading Room. Her review of the book is here. It's the BURG! Go to it and you can see Steph's neighborhood. You can even click on some of the houses - like Morelli's - and get an inside look!

Also reviewed by Laura at I'm Booking It.

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich. New York (c) 2009

Books in this series:

1) One for the Money
2) Two for the Dough
3) Three to Get Deadly
4) Four to Score
5) High Five
6) Hot Six
7) Seven Up
8) Hard Eight
9) To the Nines
10) Ten Big Ones
11) Eleven On Top
12) Twelve Sharp
13) Lean Mean Thirteen
14) Fearless Fourteen
15) Finger Lickin' Fifteen

6 comments:

Natascha De Marco said...

U got urself another follower ;)

margaret said...

nice :) I hope you'll like it!!

Anonymous said...

I've no idea what I'm going to do for the treasure hunt - I'm thinking something along the lines of visiting different sites to find a keyword for a prize :/

I'll probably start it on the 27th, as that's DBR's birthday.

Anonymous said...

And you and Meggin both left comments and I mistakenly thought you left them all so wrote the whole comment to you :L

I'm a internet-klutz - if that even makes sense :L

margaret said...

Hahah don't worry Sara. I will read something so quickly that I'll completely miss read the word! Like one time I thought "BUSINESSES" was "BUSSES" :) I can't wait for the treasure hunt!! Can I wear an eye patch and have a parrot on my shoulder as I hunt? :P

Jill said...

I loved this one too. Too funny! I read it during vacation and laughed the whole time. Nice review!