Search This Blog

The Love of my Life <3

The Love of my Life <3

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Treasure Hunt! Arr Maytes Treasure ho!!














Hey guys!!! Ok so Sara over at DBR (Dragonfly Book Review) will be hosting a treasure hunt perhaps on the 27th. I don't know yet but I can't wait for it to begin!!! It will give me an excuse to wear an eye patch and put a parrot on me shoulder and then start talk like a pirate :)

When I have more information on the hunt, including how to sign up - I'll repost. Or you could just stop by her blog and say hi!

Oh and I quickly googled to see if there was a pirate saying for goodbye and I saw this "Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?" It's a pick up line and it made me chuckle to myself.

I'll be seein' ya on der seas maytes . . . mwhahaha

Margo the Mutinous Pirate

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, love the post!! I'll leave you a comment when it's all sorted but this is what's happening (I think): There'll be 5 questions, and the answer is in a book-related site. At the end you have to take the first letter from the 5 answers and make a word out of it then e-mail me. The first person to finish and two randomly picked others will get a book :)

Anonymous said...

Your other question: the N.M. Browne is a totally seperate competition - you can enter for any of the books (and more than one) by e-mailing me :) There'll be more competitions on the way too ^D^

Allison said...

Um, I hate to burst your bubble, but there's really no excuse to wear an eyepatch, put a parrot on your shoulder, and talk like a pirate.

But that pick-up line is brilliant. I'd like to see more guys should use that one!

margaret said...

Oh ok. I couldn't figure that one out. So I just enter my email and then you randomly select a book?

But I like the idea for the treasure hunt. Sounds fun and it will give me an opportunity to look at a book site I might not have found.

Allison: what if I said I already bought the parrot and eyepatch? Lol I didn't but I might have...

They had some other funny ones too but that one made me laugh the most.

Allison said...

If you had already bought the eyepatch and parrot, I'd say you really don't waste any time getting down to business. I tend to procrastinate for 2-4 weeks usually.

margaret said...

Hahah I only do things right away if its anything to do with arts. But no I didn't :( We have a Rainbow Lori in our house, and I was thinking of using him - but he's a mean one and will bite you and then laugh at you.

Allison said...

sounds like a winner!

Allison said...

Oh, by the way, I responded to you on my Geek post. I don't know if you read it :)

margaret said...

Oh and the shirl piercing sound he emits to is just so...ummm...pretty?

I did and thank you! I commented on your post with my email so I can ship the book out to you. Of course it will cost you $650954904590654 dollars ;)